|Resources and References of Interest|
- Guidelines for the Clinical Use of Electronic Mail with Patients from the American Medical Informatics Association
- ClinicalTrials.gov provides patients, family members, health care professionals, and members of the public easy access to information on clinical trials for a wide range of diseases and conditions. The U.S. National Institutes of Health (NIH), through its National Library of Medicine, has developed this site in close and ongoing collaboration with all NIH Institutes and the Food and Drug Administration. This site currently contains searchable information on approximately 5,000 clinical studies sponsored primarily by the NIH. This is a completely confidential Web site. No registration or personal identification of any kind is required. People who search the site will not be contacted by the sponsors of clinical trials or by anyone else.
- ClinicalTrials.com is an Internet resource for finding clinical trials in the United States and Canada. Our site also provides thousands of local and national organizations that are associated with specific illnesses. We hope to help educate potential trial volunteers on clinical trials as well as help researchers find new participants for their research.
- Common Conversion Factors - includes temperature and weight calculators
- Medical Algorithms Projects Site
- Radiology Cases In Pediatric Emergency Medicine
- Weight Conversion Charts
- Locks of Love is a non-profit organization that provides custom, vacuum-cap hairpieces to financially disadvantaged children with long-term medical hair loss
- The Merck Manual, Home Edition
Professional Resources and Issues
- Will Disruptive Innovations Cure Health Care?
- Certification Boards
- Journal List Out-of-Print Journal List
- Malpractice Information
- Mnemonics for NPs
- NP Organizations
- Boards of Nursing includes addresses and phone numbers.
- Controlled Substance Prescribing Authority for non-physicians listed by discipline within state.
- Primary Care Outcomes in Patients Treated by Nurse Practitioners or Physicians
- Virtual Nurse's Memorial
- Nursing Ethics
- Nurses Are Angels
- Pill Organizers and Reminders for Patients at ePill
- BSN Degree Information
- Online Nurse Practitioner Programs
- Nurse Without Borders online community for nursing students of all levels (and those considering the field of nursing)